8.17.2005

Three Great Things...

You can tell I'm in a good mood, I just had good round of golf this week which is always a good way to cheer up. There are three great things about Denver that I'm going to share:

1) If its not sunny, the rain is quick: As they like to say when you first move here, there is more average sunshine in Denver (above 300 days a year) than almost anywhere else in the country. Of course this is really handy for all the outdoorsy stuff that Denver has to offer. The even cooler thing is, if it isn't shining bright, the rain moves through fast. I thought an afternoon shower was going to mess up my plans for after-work golf, but the weather reversed itself within 15 minutes. Same thing happened when Sarah and I played volleyball a few days ago; it started raining, we kept playing, and within five minutes it was clear again.

2) You can hit the golf ball further: When I played golf this week, I could drive the ball 250-260 yards here. Its hard to explain in words, but it was very cool feeling not being intimidated by a 450 yard Par 4. Thank you think air, even though I miss the extra oxygen, I'll take 10-15% extra on a typical golf shot.

3) There aren't very many fat people here: Lets get right to the point, I don't mind fat people, I have no problem with fat people but according to Men's Fitness (I think they are right up there with Science and Nature) Denver is the fifth fittest city in the US. It really comes down to this:
would you rather see a typical stomach in Houston...


or a typical one in Denver...


I rest my case

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's be honest, those are really just pictures of the Diehl's aren't they (little racy to put such pics of your wife online don't you think? and as for you in that red shirt... maybe you should cut back on that Skinemax you've been watching and get off the couch)