8.24.2005

So We Bought a Car...

Without further ado...



We came in Sarah's '94 Toyota Corolla, and after almost five hours at the dealership on Saturday left in a Nissan Murano. Why the Murano (which you probably haven't even heard of) you may ask, well it actually fit the freakishly tall better than the other SUVs we looked at, as it even has adjustable pedals! The whole haggaling process went pretty well, Sarah did a good job of interupting every once in a while to ask if we could dicuss this alone, and they did end up coming down a lot toward what we wanted. It was sort of funny how upset the finance people were getting at us for not getting the extending warranty. The finace agent called in her boss, and they were practically yelling at us...I guess mainly because a $2500 extended warranty is pretty much pure profit for the dealership.

In other news, Sarah and I are going to Spain next week! I submitted a paper at an international conference in Rome related to my old job, so Sarah and I are gallivanting around Spain the week prior (we felt we did the Italy thing last year). Then, she's going to fly back and I'll go on to Rome for the conference on next Sunday. Of course the best part is Northrop Grumman is picking up a good chunk of the bill!

Hasta la vista y Arrivederci

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case I didn't make it clear in my entry, what I am trying to say is that I am better than you. I have a better car and I take better vacations, and I am quite certain that I am taller than you.