4.22.2006

Two years and counting...

Despite all odds, somehow Sarah and I have made it through two years of marriage. Our actual anniversary (and yes I did remember) was on April 17th. Since this fell on a Monday, instead of doing one big thing we ended up doing more of a progressive anniversary weekend. It actually started out on last Thursday when we went out to try some swing dancing at the Mercury Cafe.
As is typical at these places, there was a large group lesson beforehand followed by a DJ led dance session afterward. I was impressed by a few things that night. For one, the overall level of dancing at the place was the best I've seen. Most people who went to the lesson (clearly some beginners) didn't bother to stay for the dance afterwards, but everyone who showed up at the final dance were really good. Sarah and I were certainly holding our own though, as we remembered and got back into the swing (no pun intended) of it quicker that I thought it would take. My main thing that took a while to get back was leading, or communicating to Sarah what move I wanted her to do without actually saying it out loud. Luckily there was only one gentle fall due to mis-communication!

Although mainly related to my desire to get back into golf after a long ski season, and not really having anything to do with the progressive anniversary celebration -- Sarah and I did play golf for the first time this year on a Par 3 course. Usually this would not involve anything important enough to mention, but Sarah decided to continue the party by getting a hole-in-one on the 9th hole. I don't think I've ever even known anyone personally who has made an ace even after many years of playing, but Sarah despite around 12,000 to 1 odds came through with a five wood from 147 yards out!

The next phase of the celebration brought us to Bear Creek Lake for a picnic and a short jaunt around the lake itself. The picnic was certainly the highlight of the day, provided by the "Specialty Foods" section of Whole Foods. Fresh bread, cheese, deli meat, sun-dried tomoatoes, fresh olives, and roasted red peppers provided us with a delictable picnic menu. It was a sunny, hot day so we cut the walk pretty short but still had a good time.



Finally, on our actual anniversary, we went to a fancy dinner downtown at one of our favorite seafood restaurants in Denver: Willie G's. It was a nice evening and great way to finish the multiday celebration.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call Sarah for my mini-golf team.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Umm... I guess Cassie and I should have been better kids and remembered on time - whoops. But in any case, it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't believe it's been 2 years since your wedding... congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Umm... I guess Cassie and I should have been better kids and remembered on time - whoops. But in any case, it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I can't believe it's been 2 years since your wedding... congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Um - sorry for the double (now triple) comment. I must have double-clicked by accident.

Mike D said...

Thanks traci...I don't mind three comments, it makes me think that people actually read this stuff

Anonymous said...

Oh, more people read this blog than you probably care to know.