12.31.2005

The Broncos Game...

A la my two week vacation from work, I've taken a bit of a siesta on the blog recently. In lieu of this, I've decided to play a little bit of catch-up on some happenings of the last few weeks. The first, that I will tackle today, is that Sarah and I made it to our first NFL game a few weeks ago -- the Denver Broncos versus the Baltimore Ravens.

Outside of Invesco Stadium

We got great seats from one my co-workers who has season tickets -- very close although they were off to the side of the endzone. We had a great view when the action was near our endzone, but we basically had to watch the jumbo-tron to see what was going on toward the other end of the field.

Close up Action Near Our Seats


It was a lot of fun and we liked the stadium, but the game itself turned into a defensive struggle (This ESPN headline pretty much sums it up: Flat Broncos manage narrow win vs. hapless Ravens). The Broncos won 12-10, but they never made it past the 40 yard line on our side of the field. Our best view was of a "what-the-hell-are-you-thinking" interception thrown by Ravens QB Kyle Boller in our corner of the endzone (I personally felt that I could have ran on the field and caught the ball before any Raven's WRs could get there).

Although Sarah and I certainly support the Broncos, they still come in second compared to our loyalties to the old hogs, the Washington Redskins (finally a playoff team again today).

No comments: