5.19.2006

Picture Tour of Colorado...

The clear motif of Ben's whirlind visit of two weeks ago was, not surprisingly, pictures. Ben clocked in at 565 photos taken, and we weren't really that far behind with 346 of our own (Sarah and I got caught up in the moment I guess, and Ben was showing me how to use the manual settings on my camera).

With that in mind, I've decided to tell the story of Ben's visit in pictures:

First we hit the zoo, which was pretty cool and we saw (I apologize for the cliche)




and

Then we went to the Springs to visit Colorado's most famous red rocks:

Next free beer was on our list (all it cost is listening to a hour long commercial for Coors)

On Sunday, we decided to step up the elevation a bit - and made it the top of Pikes Peak




Finally we went for a hike - to Crags Mountain near the end of the day on Sunday. This meant there were no other people on the trail and hence ample opportunities for picture taking (even with the tripod)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, Mike & Sarah. It wasn't easy to fit in so many picture-taking opportunities in a short visit, but we all rose to the challenge. :-)

I've posted some of the pictures from the zoo:

www.bendarling.com/gallery/animals


and a few others from the Colorado trip:

www.bendarling.com/gallery/Travel

-Ben