6.05.2007

House Hunting...

As many of you have probably already heard it looks like Sarah and I are going to stay in the Northern Virginia area. We’re excited about staying in one place for a while, although Colorado still seems to be a possibility one day. I ended up accepting an offer for a job in the Clarendon area just a short while ago as the “permanent” job after my rotation program. It’s still with the same company I’m at now, just on a different project with a different customer. We’ve decided that we are ready to buy a place to call our own, and start building some equity. Given that I’m now going to work in Clarendon and Sarah will remain at her job in Herndon, we’re starting to zero in on Vienna as a good area to concentrate on. It just about splits the difference for our commutes, it’s metro accessible, and it’s not super ridiculous to buy a place there (at least for a town house). It will be a little more of a trek for volleyball outings, but I’m sure we won’t let a little bit longer drive get in the way of our volleyball fix.

As we dive into the real estate market, we are learning all sorts of new meanings for things like points, arms, and co-ops. I think we are starting to get the hang of things, but nothing beats the experience of doing something for the first time. We went on our first house hunting trip with our realtor just a few days ago and looked at seven townhouses in the Vienna area. Nothing struck our fancy so far, so we'll continue the search.

We’ll be in touch once we need people to help us move!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm closing on a (town)house in Manassas on June 15th! It's fun and scary to buy in Northern Virginia--congratulations on the job and the plunge. Y'all will have to come out to the 'country' once I move in!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for staying in NoVA!!! As for helping you move, I think I'm sick that day... ha ha ha.

Mike D said...

Congrats on your house Meredith! Likewise we'll have you over once we get our (town)house