10.05.2006

Back on Track...

First I must apologize...I haven't written a blog entry in about 3 weeks. If you go back to the beginning of this blog, I set out to write an entry about once a week. I know I get frustrated when I click through my favorite blogs and find nothing new for a period of time like three weeks. I don't even have a good excuse (we've already moved across the country and officially settled in a month ago); that's why I'm biting the bullet and plunging into the blog entry even though I don't really have a topic.

Sure we've been busy, our sand league Volleyball team had a fairly large turn-around to end the season; our first half record of 3-9 improved to 8-4 for the second half of the season. Incidentally, this was enough for us to make the playoffs and despite my absence, almost won the first round of playoff games. I happened to miss the playoff game because I was down in Charlottesville, a common occurrence recently. The reasons have been varied, but it always seems to include eating dinner with Ben Darling. Let's see, I saw our team lose our homecoming game (you know the one that is intentionally scheduled against a super weak team) to Western Michigan, played beer pong with friends now back in grad school who are still living the undergrad life, and then had to go back to recruit UVA students for my rotational program at work (in a strange coincidence I recognized at least one guy from beer pong the weekend before). We also went through Charlottesville again in a road trip down to North and South Carolina to see various family members, and attended our niece's first birthday party in Richmond. Add all of that up and you've got a pretty busy stretch.

If you don't buy the busyness excuse then too bad; its not the truth that matters but the truthiness (at least that's what my gut tells me). I could create an article on Wikipedia proving that busyness is the reason for my blog dry spell, I just need to find some time to do it...

No comments: